The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
How will I use and store your data?
Your privacy is of utmost importance.
- What information I hold about you: When you book a treatment with me I will gather contact details such as email address and phone number, and personal information about you from what you tell me over the telephone or by email, the initial consultation process, and in subsequent treatments or meetings. When you book training or supervision with me I will gather your contact details as above.
- How I use the information about you: Your personal information will be used for informing your treatments, to give you the best possible client-centred service. Your contact details will be used for communication purposes.
- Storing your information: Your client or supervisee records are stored in a locked filing cabinet, and your contact details may also be stored on my password protected smart phone and computer. I use MailChimp to send newsletters, Shedul to record bookings, payment amounts and types for accounting purposes, iZettle to take card payments and WordPress for my website. These software applications have their own privacy policies.
- Consent: When you receive a treatment, training or supervision, you are consenting to me holding your personal information for the purposes described above. I will also ask for your consent to hold your contact details for the purpose of sending out occasional newsletters regarding my hypnotherapy and massage practice. You can ask to be removed from this mailing list at any time by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org or texting me on 07976710368. You can also unsubscribe directly anytime using the unsubscribe link on any newsletter received.
- Retaining your information: Your information will only be held for as long as it remains relevant to your treatments, training or supervision, after which it will be securely disposed of, in accordance with my insurance and professional body requirements. To comply with my insurance and professional body requirements, adults’ records are retained for eight years following our last date of contact and children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their treatment ended. You have the right to ask me to destroy your records at any time if you wish to terminate our working relationship.
- Accessing your information: Your records are accessed by myself, for clinical or marketing purposes. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. You can ask me to correct any information that you feel is inaccurate.
- Sharing your information: Your information will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something that you have told me to a third party. I shall always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
- Complaints: If, for any reason, you are unhappy with how I am handling your data, please contact me directly so that we can seek a resolution. If you are not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). ICO number ZA363903
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. We also adhere to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates, but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, within a 3rd party newsletter software website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter software.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
Unsubscribing from newsletters
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to change their email address or unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. Please use the UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of those emails for that purpose.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
|comment_author_*||Persistent||11 months||Keeps a copy of your author name when you've made a comment on a blog post so you don't have to add it again the next time you want to post a comment|
|comment_author_email_*||Persistent||11 months||Keeps a copy of your email address when you've made a comment on a blog post so you don't have to add it again the next time you want to post a comment|
|comment_author_url_*||Persistent||11 months||Keeps a copy of your website URL when you've made a comment on a blog post so you don't have to add it again the next time you want to post a comment|
|NID||Persistent||13 months||The NID cookie contains a unique ID that Google uses to remember your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20) and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on.|
|PHPSESSID||Session||Browser Session||Allows the website server to track an individual around the website to display any appropriate information for that user. For example, track that the user has logged in and show them information for logged in users.|
|PREF||Persistent||8 months||We embed videos from YouTube. This may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.|
|viewed_cookie_policy||Persistent||1 year||Tracks if you have agreed to accept cookies so we don't continue to display the cookie bar.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Persistent||8 months||We embed videos from YouTube. This may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.|
|YSC||Persistent||8 months||We embed videos from YouTube. This may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.|
|_ga||Persistent||2 years||This is a Google Analytics Cookie. It is used to distinguish users. (For more information see: Google Analytics Cookie Usage)|
|_gat||Persistent||1 minute||This is a Google Analytics Cookie. It is used to throttle request rate. (For more information see: Google Analytics Cookie Usage)|
|_gid||Persistent||24 hours||This is a Google Analytics Cookie. It is used to distinguish users. (For more information see: Google Analytics Cookie Usage)|
Additional Information about the Google Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page. They cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
Date: May 2018
Edited and customised by: Sarah Hoare